We have treatments to help eliminate fine lines and wrinkles and help you achieve a more youthful appearance.
Our Anti-aging Services
Botulinum toxin is a naturally occurring protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. in its purified state, like in the case of antibiotics, it is a safe and effective treatment for the elimination of fine lines and wrinkles, treatment of migraines and excessive sweating. Botulinum toxin is a scheduled medication and therefore requires a doctors prescription after a consultation and assessment.
How Botulinum Toxin Works
Botulinum toxin blocks the transmission of nerve impulses to the muscle so that the muscle remains in a rested state for an average period of 3 to 4 months. This may be a partial reduction in the muscle’s movement or a complete block of the muscle’s function and is dependent on the requirments determined by the assesment
Uses for Botulinum Toxin
Botulinum toxin can be used to treat:
- reduction of the movement of muscles that cause expression lines ( Frown lines, crows feet, worry lines)
- Tension Headaches: Botulinum toxin is injected directly into sites of pain and trigger points. Relief lasts from 3 to 4 months
- Teeth grinding: Botulinum toxin injections relax the masseter muscle reducing the force with which one bites down.
- excessive sweating: Botulinum Toxin injections into the skin to treat symptoms of severe underarm sweating
Before Your Botulinum Toxin Treatment
Declare any medications or dietary supplements you may be taking as there may be some interactions that could affect the function of Botulinum toxin or increase the risk of bruising. Some of these drugs and supplements include Vitamin A, C or E, Aspirin or Ibuprofen. Alcohol should be avoided the day before or on the day of the treatment
makeup will need to be cleansed before the injections and reapplication should be avoided for the next 12 hours to reduce the risk of infection or irritation of injection sites
After Your Botulinum Toxin Treatment
after the treatment
- Avoid extremes of heat and cold
- Avoid lying down or leaning over for 4-6 hours
- keep the target muscles active
- the effect should start to show after 2 to 3 weeks a follow-up appointment will be set up at that point to asses the succsess of the treatmrnt
Dermal fillers are soft tissue fillers injected into the skin to help fill wrinkles enhance lips and cheeks and restore a smoother appearance to the skin. fillers contain hyaluronic acid and are eventually absorbed into the body.
Dermal Fillers work quickly to restore a youthful appearance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Results are seen almost immidiately
Before Getting Dermal fillers
A week before getting dermal filler injections stop taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as Asprin or Ibuprofen, Ginkgo Biloba, flax oil, cod liver oil, Essential fatty acids and vitamins A and E. Alcohol should be avoided a few days before your treatment
After Your Dermal filler treatment
After your treatment
- Elevate your head and avoid lying flat or prone and do not massage the site of injection to avoid the unintended spread to other areas
- Avoid additional facial treatments for 24-48 hours post the treatment
- Use an ice pack to reduce potential bruising
- Avoid strenuous activity
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine 24-48 hours post treatment
- Avoid make up for 24 hours post the treatment